ARC Review: Flashfall by Jenny Moyer

Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co. 
Pub Date: November 15th, 2016
Series: N/A
Format: e-ARC

~Review originally posted September 8th, 2016~

      I received a free copy of this title from NetGalley and Henry Holt & Co Publisher in exchange for honest feed back.  I don’t know if I will be able to put into words how much I loved this book.  Moyer has created an amazing story of destruction, magic, love, and survival, that tugged at my heart.  I got really excited to read this book when I participated in a twitter chat hosted by Brittany’s Book Rambles.  She had some swoony teaser graphics that just about made me fall out of my chair.  I wondered to myself why I hadn’t picked this book up sooner!  I think it is safe to say this has been one of my favorite books of 2016.  

        Dystopian fiction is a serious weak spot for me.  The world Orion and Dram, our main characters, live in is SCARY.  Radioactivity has ravaged the planet making it almost uninhabitable.  The flash curtain is a beautiful yet destructive thing - I don't think I would have survived.  I loved Orion, I thought she was strong and full of life when the odds were against her.  Other characters in the story were also strong, both mentally and physically.  Their ability to persevere in the face of death was remarkable.  The premise of the story did remind me of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. Escaping to a better world, but I loved that series too.  If you couldn't tell swoon worthy books really get to me.  

Did I mention the swoon worthy ship of Orion and Dram?
Well....

  


     My only wish is that I read the book slower.  I could not put this book down and read a little fast.  When Flashfall is released into the wild, I will read it slower so I can savor every word!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beat The Back List 2018

Black Bird of the Gallows by Meg Kassel

So What's Going on With Book Blogging?